1. dont worry tooo much about raw egg! i dont want to be responsible for your child getting salmonella but there is a lot of food that has raw egg in it (meringues, hollondaise sauce, mayonnaise, licking the left-over batter etc). For sure wipe hands but no need to freak out too much when you see those little egg covered paws heading for the mouth.
2. give them their own cookie tray, mixing bowl or ball of dough next to yours so they can copy you and you can relax about what they do with it or what it looks like
5. give them snacks to eat so they're not chowing down on your ingredients - cucumber, cheese, carrots (you can even let them chop up the snacks - a whole courgette and a kids knife will keep them busy). a favourite in our house is frozen peas.
this photo is from ONE session of cooking with the kids!
7. do lots of licking - its a delicious & fun part of baking AND it buys you time to do finishing touch-ups and get things in the oven.
9. let them wash up while you cook - they love it.... for a short time. and it is probably a good habit for the future
10. i am terrible at this but give yourself plenty of time so you can go at a leisurely pace, talk about what you're doing, explore utensils and not get impatient with spills etc.
11. have a pint.. or three.. you deserve it!