these are the simplest things in the world and great to make with little kids. they are very quick so if you don't have much time and are having friends for tea, you can whip these up in no time. the recipe doesn't involve any eggs so it doesn't matter if little ones tuck in to the raw mixture. Little Miss M ate huge spoonfuls of this while supposedly mixing it.
3cups/375g self-raising flour
preheat oven to 200C
1. sift the flour
2. Mix the flour and butter with your fingertips until it resembles breadcrumbs
3. pour in the milk and mix gently with a spoon
4. push the dough in to a ball but try to handle it as little as possible.
5. push it down on a floured surface so that it is about 1inch thick.
6. use a round cookie cutter to cut out circles and place them on a greased baking tray.7. bake at 200C for 15mins or until starting to brown slightly.
serve with butter, jam and whipped cream - mmmmm
we have recently discovered this jam - it is really delicious and has no sugar - just fruit!