sam currently has enormous bruises on his thighs from breaking in to our house. this has been the third time in the past few weeks of us both forgetting our keys! what is going on?! we have managed not tot get locked out for years and suddenly this run of dappiness! this particular time we had already used the spare-key-we-leave-with-neighbours and it was now inside out house, along with our keys. i arrived home at 3pm after being out all day and realised i was locked out. i called Sam and he said he'd make his way home (which would take an hour and a half). so i picked up Z from school and went to a neighbours house. Sam arrived back to realise he did not have his keys either! we used a friend's incredibly rickety and rusty old ladder to break in. i think we should leave keys with a lot more neighbours.
i love this picture.
so here's a quick yummy comforting rustle up dinner when you have been locked out. the kids love it because the coconut milk (with the help of some added honey!) make it slightly sweet.
simple, mild & sweet tuna curry
1. in a wok, saute 3 stalks of sliced celery
2. add 1 tbsp mild curry powder, 1 tbsp honey, 1/2 tsp salt and stir well
3. add 1 tin of tuna chunks, 1 tin of chick peas and stir well
4. add 1 tin of coconut milk and bring to simmering but not boiling point
5. add 1 stalk of broccoli (chopped in to small pieces) and simmer for 4 minutes
optional - for more flavour and spice, add more curry powder, 1 tsp coriander, 1 tsp turmeric and a little chilli powder.
6. serve on basmati rice