apparently Little Mr Z doesn't like mushrooms or leeks. however this is one of his favourite meals and and he will eat mountains of it! my cousin served this and told me the trick is to chop the veggies really small. Mr Z now often asks for "my favourite omelette" for dinner.
to feed 3-4 people, gather:
2 huge mushrooms, 2 small leeks, 8 eggs, 50g cheddar cheese, 25g butter
1. chop the mushrooms and leeks in to very small bits
2. saute the mushrooms and leek in 25g butter (i sometimes add other vegetable or even chopped cooked potatoes)
3. whisk the eggs with a dash of milk
4. spread the vegetables evenly in the pan and pour in the eggs
5. let the eggs cook over medium heat. i use a spatula to lift the edges of the omelette slightly and tilt the pan so the liquidy bits on top run underneath
6. meanwhile grate 50g cheddar cheese
7. when the eggs are almost set, sprinkle the cheddar cheese on top and put the pan under a hot grill until it starts to turn golden brown
8. cut and serve in wedges. yum.
when sam got home, we ate it with a bulgar, spinach, tomato and celeriac salad