so so thrilled to wake up this morning to find out that Obama had won the US election. so awesome.. for America.. for the World.. and what a huge relief.
here's a celebratory cupcake!
these cupcakes are flour and sugar free. i have recently discovered ground almond as a replacement for flour. i am quite addicted to almonds (my current snack of choice) and anything almond related. i prefer a mix of flour and ground almond but i wanted to try completely flour-free which is higher maintenance. they are also sugar-free and therefore guilt-free! happy days in the free world!
1. preheat oven to 200C
2. beat 4 large egg yolks and 1 cup of honey
3. whisk the 4 egg whites until stiff peaks form and then gently fold them into the egg yolk mix
4. fold in 225g ground almonds and 1 tsp baking powder
5. spoon the mix in to cupcake cases and bake for 15mins
6. mix a tub of cream cheese with 2 tbsp honey (or to taste) and ice the cakes